Sunday, December 14, 2014

you're worth an eternity of loving, darling.

I just wanna hug everyone tonight.  I just wanna look you in the eyes and say, "Darling, YOU ARE ENOUGH.  YOU MATTER.  YOU ARE WORTH LOVING."  I just wanna love everyone I meet so hard that they stop and ask, "Why do you love people so much?" so I can say, "JESUS."

I don't know, I just want to encourage you today to have conversations with people.  Have conversations with people you've known forever and have conversations with people you've only just met.  Just have conversations.  And by "conversations", I mean listening to what the other has to say and not thinking about what you're going to say next.  It'll be your turn to talk soon enough, goodness gracious.  Take the time to hear people.  There's absolutely no limit to the relationships you will build simply by listening to what is on someone's heart.  How many times have you said to yourself, "If only someone would just listen to me"?  Be that person for others.

Can I ever stress enough how vital loving people is? When you choose to love someone without a second thought of whether they will care or return it, you are saying, "You are enough. You matter. You are worth loving." Please, please, please, don't discredit the importance of sending that message by example. You can tell people they matter all you want (and you should! please, please do), but what really makes them stop and listen is when they see you caring even when you don't have to. It's about how you stick around and love even harder when they keep giving you reasons to give up. It's not about loving when it's easy. It's about loving when all you want to do is say, "But they didn't love me."

Jesus has loved me so hard that I couldn't see past Him to doubt His love. One of the ways He expressed that love was by bringing people into my life who saw past my insecurities and age and silliness and just freaking loved me. That's why I'm so passionate about doing that for others. I desperately want you to see how deeply He loves you, darling.

Now, go love people as hard as you can. They're worth loving, and so are YOU.


No comments:

Post a Comment