Tuesday, May 3, 2016

finding contentment.

"Springtime is a time to start anew and that goes for what's inside of you." // "Springtime" / Kurt Johnson

When I looked out at the sun shining on the grass and felt an unexplainable joy, that's when I knew I'd found contentment. When I found myself taking tons of aesthetic-y photos, that's when I knew I'd found contentment. When I just wanted to lay in the grass and soak in the sun, that's when I knew I'd found contentment. And oddly enough, I think contentment is leading me back to Jesus.

It's been such a struggle for me to pursue Jesus lately because I've been afraid to do it with the wrong intentions. But tonight, as I'm laying in the grass and watching the sun set, I think I've found the place where I can pursue Him without an agenda. Because tonight I can see Him in the sunset. Tonight I can hear Him in the birds chirping. I can smell Him in the grass. I can feel Him in the breeze. This is the way it was meant to be. Every distraction merely reminds me of Him because He is everywhere.

I want to pursue Him out of thankfulness for His love and faithfulness and constancy. I want to pursue Him because He's given me that simple enjoyment for the ordinary again. I want to pursue Him because He's led me to contentment and taught me how to choose it over and over again.

Spring is here and I am made new.


2 comments:

  1. *slow clap* Beautiful, my friend. I'm exactly where you are right now and I'm so happy for you. <3

    ReplyDelete