Thursday, September 25, 2014

it'll be beautiful soon enough.

"My heart can't take this anymore."

I've said this (though not consciously most of the time) too often lately.  My heart feels like it's been beaten up these past few weeks.  It hasn't been hurt by anyone in particular, except one person: Myself.  My brutal honesty with myself at 1 in the morning has thrown some pretty significant blows to my heart.  After a week of this, my heart has been saying, "I can't take this anymore.  Please make it stop." and I'm echoing those sentiments.

But I'm here with my rebuttal: "Yes, heart.  You will survive this.  You will make it through.  You will be okay...but not on your own.  You will not make it out alive on your own."  I'm claiming Psalm 108:13, that I will do valiantly through my Jesus.  I'm claiming the love He has for me and that it will sustain me.  I'm claiming His relentless pursuit and comfort.  I'm claiming Him.  I know that without Jesus, I will never survive.  I'll never make it.  My heart will never recover without Him.

So, heart.  I know you're hurting.  I am, too.  I know you want this pain to go away right now.  I do, too.  I know you're ready to give up.  I am, too.  But don't.  Take heart, heart.  We will do valiantly.  You and I, we'll make it out alright.  We'll be just fine.  But we gotta be patient and let Jesus do the necessary work in us.  He will make this beautiful soon.  He's already starting.  Just wait and see.  This is going to be beautiful.  I can't wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment